CERTIFICATION LEVEL II CLINIC* – 7 HRS.
The Level II Clinic is phase 2 of the Umpire Certification Program.
Eligibility? Must have taken a Level 1 Clinic a minimum of one (1) year ago.
Umpires wishing to advance and to start officiating at the provincial championships are required to attend this Clinic. Level II Clinic topics include: rules and techniques, umpire guidelines, two-man and three-man systems. This clinic is offered for fast pitch or slo-pitch umpires. Clinic participants will receive a Softball Canada Level 2 Manual.
* Note: Certification Level 2 Clinics are offered as either Fast Pitch or Slo-Pitch or Combined Clinic (Participants must identify whether they are taking fast pitch or slo-pitch certification when registering with clinic host).
Level II – Fast Pitch
- Certified Level I umpire for a minimum one (1) year and be 16 years of age.
Level II Training Requirements
- Attend a Provincial/Territorial Level II Clinic (FP or SP). Obtain 70% or more on the Level II Certification exam.
- Evaluation Requirement
- Receive one successful local, regional or provincial/territorial Level II evaluation.
- Officiate local and provincial/territorial minor level and/or local adult softball.
- Attend regional or provincial/territorial clinic once every two years.
- Write National exam and obtain 70% or more. (Non-certification year only.)