CERTIFICATION LEVEL II CLINIC* – 7 HRS.
The Level II Clinic is phase 2 of the Umpire Certification Program.
Eligibility? Must have taken a Level 1 Clinic a minimum of one (1) year ago and must be at least 16 years old.
Umpires wishing to advance and to start officiating at the provincial championships are required to attend this Clinic. Level II Clinic topics include: rules and techniques, umpire guidelines, two-man and three-man systems. This clinic is offered for fast pitch or slo-pitch umpires. Clinic participants will receive a Softball Canada Level 2 Manual.
* Note: Certification Level 2 Clinics are offered as either Fast Pitch or Slo-Pitch or Combined Clinic (Participants must identify whether they are taking fast pitch or slo-pitch certification when registering with clinic host).
Level II – Fast Pitch
- Certified Level I umpire for a minimum one (1) year and be 16 years of age.
Level II Training Requirements
- Attend a Provincial/Territorial Level II Clinic (FP or SP). Obtain 70% or more on the Level II Certification exam.
- Evaluation Requirement
- Receive one successful local, regional or provincial/territorial Level II evaluation.
- Officiate local and provincial/territorial minor level and/or local adult softball.
- Attend regional or provincial/territorial clinic once every two years.
- Write National exam and obtain 70% or more. (Non-certification year only.)