CERTIFICATION LEVEL III CLINIC – 12 HRS.
For Umpires who have completed the Level I and II Certification Clinics, the Certification Level III Clinic is the next step. This clinic may be taken as either a Slo-Pitch or as a Fast Pitch Clinic.
Eligibility? You must be a fully certified Level 2 umpire, and must have taken the Level 2 clinic a minimum of two (2) years ago.
Pre-game meetings, protests, confrontations, substitutions, review of the 3-umpire system and the introduction of a 4-Umpire System, are all covered in this clinic. Many situations based on rules, people skills, and working with partners is presented for discussion. Clinic participants will receive either a Softball Canada Slo-Pitch Level III Manual or a Fast Pitch Level III Manual.
If you are interested in hosting or attending a Level III Clinic, please contact the Softball Ontario office for more information.
* Note: Certification Level II and III Clinics are offered as either Fast Pitch or Slo-Pitch or Combined Clinic (Participants must identify whether they are taking fast pitch or slo-pitch certification when registering with clinic host).
- Certified Level II umpire for a minimum of two (2) years.
Level III Training Requirements
- Attend a Provincial/Territorial Level III Clinic (FP or SP)
- Obtain 80% or more on the Level III Certification exam.
- Receive one successful Level III Provincial/Territorial Championship evaluation.
- Officiate provincial/territorial minor and adult softball.
- Qualified to officiate Midget FP, Junior Women FP, Masters 40+ SP, Senior Women SP & Co-Ed SP) Canadian Championships.
- Attend provincial/territorial or regional clinic annually.
- Write National exam annually and obtain 80% or more.
- Active in local and regional officiating program.
- National Responsibility