ANNOUNCEMENT: Walkerton Minor Softball and Greater Kingston Softball Association have been selected as the 2019 Female House League Select Provincial hosts. The fun kicks off with the U14 Provincials in Kingston on July 20-21, 2019. A week later on July 27-28, 2019 teams in the U12 and U16 division will gather at the beautiful 3 diamond park in Walkerton, ON to declare a provincial champion.
U12/U16 Location: 290 Durham St. W, Walkerton, ON, N0G2V0
U14 Location: Cloverdale Park- 1030 Sunnyside Rd. Kingston, ON K0H 1M0
Team Entry Price: $395.50
After introducing a number of new items last year, we are looking to take another step and provide even more surprises this year.
Don’t miss this chance to compete against teams from all over Ontario and experience the provincial difference! Registration information will be released shortly.
For more information contact:
Nathan Didone | email@example.com | (416) 426-7150 Ext. 104
TORONTO, ON – Softball Ontario is pleased to announce Pippa Edwards, ChPC as its new Coaches Program Committee Chair.
Pippa has been involved in softball at all levels from grass roots to high performance. A competitive player for many years, she coached several teams within Provincial Women’s Softball Association. Pippa is NCCP fully certified Competition-Development, Softball Coach and has obtained the Advanced Coaching Diploma in Softball. Pippa was at the Softball Performance Centre: Napanee and St. Thomas where she focused on skills and video analysis used knowledge/experience that she gained while performing a similar role with the Senior Women’s National Team up to and including the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games. She is currently working in Coach Services at the Canadian Sport Institute Ontario coordinating the Advanced Coaching Diploma Program.
“I am extremely delighted to have Pippa joining our team as the Chair of the Softball Ontario Coaches Committee. her expertise will take our Coaches Portfolio to the next level,” said Christine Parris – Executive Director.
As the Coaches Committee Chair Pippa will oversee the day to day operations of the Softball Ontario Coaches Program in conjunction with Softball Ontario Technical Specialist – Steph Sutton, members of the Coaches Committee and the Softball Ontario community stakeholders.
“I am excited to be selected as the Softball Ontario Coaches Committee Chair. I look forward to working hand in hand with Softball Ontario and the very dedicated committee members to continue developing softball coaches at all levels throughout Ontario,” said Pippa Edwards.
For more information about Softball Ontario and the services it provides to the softball community and local softball associations, please visit us at www.softballontario.ca.
It’s one of the most important weeks of the year for Softball Ontario, National Volunteer Week! This week (and every week!) we celebrate our incredible, selfless and dedicated volunteers who are the backbone of our programs!
Today we’d like to thank our tremendous Umpires Committee, Zone Umpire-in-Chief’s, and the Zone staff, that are responsible for developing some of the top Umpires in the country as well as assigning tournaments all accross the Province!
Softball Ontario has produced some of the most experienced, disciplined and well-respected Umpires known throughout the world. Ontario Umpires continue to represent our program Nationally and Internationally in a very professional manner. The Umpires of Ontario should be proud of that fact.
Ontario Umpires strive to be the best, due to the support and dedication that Softball Ontario has had from the Umpire’s Committee (past and present). You have nine (9) dedicated hard working individuals working for you at the Committee level, doing things like:
- Continuing to review and develop new innovative clinics – beyond the Softball Canada Certification program
- Trains clinic instructors and on field evaluators to insure that they provide you the umpire with the best service possible
- Insures the delivery of the Softball Canada Certification clinic program
- Developed, maintaining and delivery of the Junior Development Program
- Provides Rule Interpretations
- Attends Provincial (Member Association’s) and National (Softball Canada) Annual General Meetings Representing the Ontario Umpires
- Recruits, Assigns and Trains Zone Representatives to assist you all year long (including, instructing at your clinics, UICing at your tournaments, and evaluating you at your games.) Appoints Umpires to annual elite Provincial Grand Championships, Provincials and Elimination Tournaments
- Appoints umpires to annual Canadian Championships Ensures UIC’s are appointed for all Regional, and Provincial Tournaments
- Develops Educational resources for Umpires (including articles in the E-News)
- Develops the Umpires’ Program Budget
- Develops programs policies and procedures
In addition to the Umpires committee each discipline has Zone Umpire-In-Chief’s (ZUICs) who are the representatives from each zone. The ZUICs and the Zone Staff are the frontline volunteers for the program and are essential for the running of clinics!
Thank you again to our outstanding Umpires Committee (Fastpitch, Slo-Pitch), ZUICs and Zone staff for all your hard work!
Softball Canada is pleased to announce that an online Level IV National Umpires Certification Clinic will once again be held in the spring of 2018. The clinic dates are tentatively set for five Sunday’s in March and April. Each of the five two-hour sessions, led by experienced Softball Canada instructors, will focus on the psychology of officiating, advanced game management techniques and mechanics and much more.
To be eligible to participate, candidates must be a fully certified Level III umpire for at least two years and receive a positive endorsement from their provincial or territorial organization. Successful completion of the Level IV clinic results in Level IV Theory certification. A subsequent successful evaluation at a U19 (M or F) Fast Pitch or Women’s Slo-Pitch Canadian Championship will lead to full Level IV certification.
- Registration fee is $180 and includes a Level IV manual, access to the Adobe Connect virtual classroom platform and all other resources.
- Participants will require access to a computer with high-speed Internet connectivity, a mic/headset and a webcam to participate.
- Each of the five sessions of the online Level IV clinic will be held beginning at 12 noon Eastern (9am Pacific)
- Tentative clinic dates: March 11, 18, 25 and April 8 and 15.
- The language of instruction for this clinic offering will be English.
To register please complete this form and send it, along with payment of the fee, to the address on the form. Registration will be limited to 15 participants with preference given to candidates from more remote areas of the country.
Please note that submission of a completed registration form and fees does not guarantee acceptance into the clinic. Candidates will be advised upon their reception into the online clinic.
The registration deadline for the Spring 2018 online Level IV umpires clinic is February 28th, 2018. For more information or to register please contact Donna Ozarko at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit www.softball.ca.
By Donna Ozarko, Softball Canada