CERTIFICATION LEVEL IV CLINIC – 12 HRS.
Eligibility? You must be a certified Level III umpire (completed a Level III clinic and evaluated as a Level III on field) and have taken your Level III clinic 2 seasons prior. This Clinic is open to both Slo-Pitch and Fast Pitch officials.
A great many topics presented involve the “Thinking Umpire”. Topics such as the Psychology of Umpiring; Mental Preparation; Relationships with coaches, fellow officials, and spectators; Communication Skills; the Evaluation Process and Canadian Championship Preparation are some of the areas covered. Practical sessions on IV Umpire System and Self Evaluation are also included.
Clinic participants will receive a Softball Canada Level IV Manual.
Contact Softball Ontario
Phone: 416-426-7150 ext. 102
- Certified Level III umpire for a minimum of two (2) years.
- Attend at least one P/T Championship, and have received a successful evaluation to progress to Level IV.
Level IV Training Requirements
- Attend a National Level IV Theory Clinic.
- Obtain 85% or more on the Level IV Certification exam.
- Receive two successful evaluations by provincial/territorial representative and recommendations forwarded to ODC.
- Receive a successful Level IV evaluation at a (Midget FP/Junior Women FP/Masters 40+SP, Senior Women SP & Co-Ed SP) Canadian Championship after completing Level IV Theory clinic.
- Officiate provincial/territorial minor and adult softball.
- Officiate a Canadian Championship.
- Attend provincial/territorial clinic annually.
- Write National exam annually and obtain 85% or more.
- Active in Regional and Provincial/Territorial Officiating programs.